Contract Opportunity: Associate Producer
Contract Period: April through October 2017 (with possibility of extension to 2018 year)
LitFest is an annual celebration of nonfiction writing held each October in various locations throughout Edmonton’s downtown core. We bring together esteemed authors, emerging writers, and passionate readers for live presentations, workshops, panels, and special events during the festival. In 2017 the festival runs October 12-22, with auxiliary events planned throughout the year.
LitFest (Alberta Book Fair Society) is seeking an Associate Producer to assist in areas of general communications, community outreach, and delivery of programs. The successful candidate will have superb time management and communications skills, creatively approaches challenges, and is comfortable interacting with volunteers, funders, media, sponsors, artists, and the general public.
Experience in professional communications, event management, marketing, fundraising, non-profit administration, and/or audience development would all be assets in this role. Some understanding of #FestivalLife would also be an asset. Love of reading and/or nonfiction is an important part of this role (but if you prefer fiction we won’t hold it against you).
The Associate Producer will work closely with the Executive Director and with a small team of contractors and volunteers during the festival period. During the pre-festival months, hours of work are flexible and most deliverables can be completed remotely or from a home office. Full time hours and on-site work are expected during September and October.
This contract engagement can accommodate other work or artistic practice.
Responsibilities of the Associate Producer will include:
- Oversight of online communications for the Society during the contract period, including newsletters, social media, and promotions for year-round events.
- Engagement of stakeholders at events and fostering content-driven partnerships.
- Outreach to community to develop new audiences and engagement with programming initiatives.
- Event coordination, including but not limited to liaising with volunteer teams, box office and front of house management, and liaising with venues as appropriate for festival and auxiliary events.
- Assistance with development of marketing materials, including content gathering, editing, and proofreading. Commissions on advertising sales will be considered.
This contract pays $21,000 for a 7-month engagement period, to be paid in monthly installments. (And all the books you can read!) There is an opportunity to renew the contract in 2018.
Applications will be accepted until February 20, 2017. Cover letters and resumés may be directed to the Executive Director, Fawnda Mithrush, at [email protected]. Questions about the position can be answered by calling 780 498 2500. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.