Off-Screen Experiences: Immersive Readings
It’s tough to be on zoom all day, so some of our authors have recorded readings that you can download and enjoy on your own time. The readings are free, and will be released on October 15.
If you buy the book when you sign up for the reading, we’ll deliver a small “experience” package along with the book! That way you can listen to the reading and engage with it in a hands-on way.
To get the book+package for the October 15 release day, please complete your purchase by October 12.
1. Vivek Shraya, God Loves Hair: Colour in Juliana Neufeld’s illustrations from the 10th anniversary edition of the book as you listen. This book comes with an author-signed bookplate.
2. Michelle Parise, Alone: A Love Story: Experience a bit of Parise’s Calabrese heritage as you cook along with her reading. Food is love, family, and all things Italian.
3. David Berry, On Nostalgia: Nothing says “memories of Edmonton” like a walk along the High Level Bridge, along with a cup of cocoa and sweet treats.
4. Beyond the Food Court: An Anthology of Literary Cuisines: The authors of this book are all new Canadians living in Edmonton. The reading is a selection of short parts from five of the contributors, each with a musing on foods found here and in their homeland. Enjoy this with a mix of international spices and accompanying recipes.
5. Poetry reading with Rebecca Thomas